You'll have 14 days to complete payment after received confirmation to secure your spot. The confirmation (a separate email sent to you a few days-1 week after registering) contains necessary payment details. The payment is done by bank transfer to Ritz Lindy Hoppers' bank account.
- Once registered, scroll to the top of the page to check that your registration has been successfully sent.
- Don't panic if you don't get an answer right away. We'll answer as soon as possible, sending you a more detailed info letter, but it may take a couple of days (especially during the first week we tend to get flooded, and our volunteer is working with your registration outside their regular day job hours). We answer in the order we receive registrations, no one will take your spot.
- Note! If you haven't heard from us in 3 work days, contact us! The server has been known to crash, especially during the first week after registration has opened.
There is a waiting list for all levels. We allow 2-5 extra followers/leads per level (depending on class size), but there still tends to be a waiting list. Followers, make sure to team up with a lead when registering for our camp (you're usually the unlucky ones getting stuck waiting for a spot in class). Please note that couples (dance partners signing up together for the same level) are given a spot before single leads/followers.
Registration is binding. However, you're free to give your spot to someone else (same role and level), let us know by e-mailing ritzwinterhop[@]gmail.com.
Should you need to cancel your registration completely, these are the terms:
- Cancellations within 14 days of the workshop will be charged 75 % of the package costs, with a medical certificate no fee will be charged.
- Cancellations within the same week of the workshop will be charged full price, with a medical certificate 50 % of the package costs will be charged. Eg. the workshop starts on a Friday, and you cancel (any hour) Monday, this rule applies. Cancel on Sunday, the previous week, and the 14 days rule above applies.
- Cancellations within 1 day of the workshop will be charged full price, with or without medical certificate, to cover expenses. Eg. the workshop starts on a Friday, and you cancel (any hour) Thursday, we charge full price.
SIGNING UP WITH A PARTNER
You always sign up for the same level with your dance partner. Make sure you give us their name when you register for the workshop. You don't need to share a room with your dance partner, unless you want to of course. If you wish to share room with your dance partner (or someone else), let us know upon registering by filling in the "preferred roommate" section.
When registering you have the option to fill in the name of your preferred roommate. Please note that, other than the classroom option, rooms are limited. This is why it is preferable that your roommate registers the same day as you, naming you as their preferred roommate!
The campus area has many buildings that offer different accommodation depending on what option you choose.
- The main building has 2-3 person rooms.
- The boarding hall building has 2-4 person rooms (4 being standard).
- If choosing the classroom option (sleeping on the floor) you get to share a room with plenty of new friends.
If you and your preferred roommate register at the same time you're most likely to share a room, but it's not a 100 % guarantee (if choosing the campus accommodation you'll 99 % get to share a room, but there's a tiny 1 % possibility you may need to share with one other person. If choosing the boarding hall accommodation, then you're very likely to share your room with another couple). Rooms are handed out in the order we receive registrations. Once an option is sold out, it's sold out. Changes may occur depending on cancellations.
We strongly recommend choosing one of our accommodation options, since the campus area is quite far from other "regular" hotels. This way you'll be within walking distance of all your classes, parties, restaurant etc. It's not a 5 star hotel, so please do not expect luxury hotel standards. It's a campus, so it's nice and clean and cozy, serving tasty buffet meals that will give you the energy to keep on dancing. Also, due to the fact that it's a campus, please note that you may get colored towels and linen, we cannot guarantee white ones. They will, however, be fresh and clean!
Meals are served 3 times a day, and you can also buy additional snacks in the café. There's a swimming pool, therapy pool, sauna, and gym on the campus grounds, and you're more than welcome to use the facilities.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
- Please do not film during class. You may do a video recap after each class if the teachers agree to it.
- You may take pictures and videos during your spare time and during parties, but please be conscious of your fellow participants.
- Please share your photos & videos with us: ritzwinterhop[@]gmail.com.
It's very important to us at Ritz Winter Hop that everyone feels welcome and included. Please be mindful of each other, we're here to make friends and have a good time.
- In class, only give feedback when someone asks. Make sure you give your feedback in a constructive way (tip: begin with a positive and end with a negative, if there's a negative. Use phrases such as "I feel like..." instead of "you're doing this wrong!"). Keep the social dance floor free of feedback.
- Dance with everyone, regardless of their dancing skills. Please be aware that everyone regardless of gender might like to lead or follow.
- Make sure to dance in a way that is safe for you, your partner, and for others on the floor. If you accidentally bump into/step on/kick someone else on the dance floor, make sure to apologize (it doesn't really matter whose fault it was, right?). A quick "sorry" will do, and you can all go on dancing.
- It's ok to say "no thanks" if you don't feel like dancing. We all have our reasons and you don't have to explain yourself (we may be tired, maybe we just wanna watch etc.). A kind "no thank you" should be enough.
- Negative feedback about the camp in general? Complaining to your mates is not a very effective way of solving issues. Please bring your complaints straight to the event managers (event issues) or the campus reception (accommodation issues), and we'll do our best to sort things out - we're here for you!
RULES OF CONDUCT
We want to make sure that Ritz Winter Hop is a safe and welcoming space, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious views, physical appearance, or skill level, and we've therefore put together a short list of rules that all attendees, instructors, and volunteers at Ritz Winter Hop are required to comply with. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event:
- No sort of harassment is tolerated at Ritz Winter Hop, including, but not limited to, verbal abuse, intimidation, inappropriate physical contact or sexual harassment. Any emotional, physical or sexual harassment in any situation including classes, dances, other social situations, or online will not be tolerated. If you should experience anything that doesn't feel right, or you hear/see something happen to someone else, please inform our event managers immediately.
- Participants asked to stop inappropriate behaviour are expected to comply immediately. If a participant is acting in an inappropriate manner repeatedly, the event organizers may remove the participant from the event with no refund. Depending on the severity of the situation (eg. extreme situations such as violent or criminal behaviour), the participant may be removed immediately and/or banned from future workshops, and if necessary proper authorities will be called.