You'll have 14 days to complete payment after received confirmation to secure your spot. The confirmation (a separate e-mail sent to you a few days-1 week after registering) contains necessary payment details. The payment is done by bank transfer to Ritz Lindy Hoppers' bank account.
- Once registered, scroll the page to check for a message that says your registration has been successfully sent.
- Don't panic if you don't get an answer right away. We'll answer as soon as possible, sending you a more detailed info letter, but it may take a couple of days (especially during the first week we tend to get flooded, and our volunteer is working with your registration outside their regular day job hours). We answer in the order we receive registrations, no one will take your spot.
- Note! If you haven't heard from us in 3 work days, contact us! The server has been known to crash, especially during the first week after registration has opened.
There is a waiting list for all levels. We allow 2-3 extra followers/leads per level (depending on class size), but there still tends to be a waiting list. Followers, make sure to team up with a lead when registering for our camp (you're usually the unlucky ones getting stuck waiting for a spot in class). Please note that couples (dance partners signing up together for the same level) are given a spot before single leads/followers.
Registration is binding. However, you're free to give your spot to someone else (same role and level), let us know by e-mailing ritzwinterhop[@]gmail.com. You must always notify us by e-mail if you wish to cancel your spot (unpaid spot does not count as a cancellation)!
Should you need to cancel your registration completely, these are the terms:
- Cancellations within 14 days of the workshop will be charged full price, with a medical certificate no fee will be charged.
- Cancellations within the same week of the workshop will be charged full price, with or without medical certificate, to cover expenses (you can recover your costs via your health insurance).
SIGNING UP WITH A PARTNER
You always sign up for the same level with your dance partner. Make sure you give us their name when you register for the workshop.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
- Please do not film during class. You may do a video recap after each class if the teachers agree to it.
- You may take pictures and videos during your spare time and during parties, but please be conscious of your fellow participants.
- Please share your photos & videos with us: ritzwinterhop[@]gmail.com.
It's very important to us at Ritz Winter Hop that everyone feels welcome and included. Please be mindful of each other, we're here to make friends and have a good time.
- In class, only give feedback when someone asks. Make sure you give your feedback in a constructive way. Use phrases such as "I feel like ..." instead of "you're doing this wrong!"). Keep the social dance floor free of feedback.
- Dance with everyone, regardless of their dancing skills.
- Please ask politely for a dance, and be aware that everyone regardless of gender might like to lead or follow. Eg. always start with a "would you like to dance, and which role?", you could even include a "lead, follow or switch?". These guidelines can also be used during a snowball, or a jam circle with steals.
- Make sure to dance in a way that is safe for you, your partner, and others on the floor. If you accidentally bump into/step on/kick someone else on the dance floor, make sure to apologize (it doesn't really matter whose fault it was, right?). A quick "sorry" will do, and you can all go on dancing.
- It's ok to say "no thanks" if you don't feel like dancing. We all have our private reasons for not dancing (we may be tired, maybe we just wanna watch etc.), and you don't have to explain yourself. A polite "no thank you" should be enough.
- Negative feedback about the camp in general? Complaining to your mates is not a very effective way of solving issues. Please bring your complaints straight to the event managers, and we'll do our best to sort things out. We're here for you!
RULES OF CONDUCT
We want to make sure that Ritz Winter Hop is a safe and welcoming space, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious views, physical appearance, or skill level, and we've therefore put together a short list of rules that all attendees, instructors, and volunteers at Ritz Winter Hop are required to comply with. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event:
- No sort of harassment is tolerated at Ritz Winter Hop, including, but not limited to, verbal abuse, intimidation, inappropriate physical contact or sexual harassment. Any emotional, physical or sexual harassment in any situation including classes, dances, other social situations, or online will not be tolerated. If you should experience anything that doesn't feel right, or you hear/see something happen to someone else, please inform our event managers immediately.
- Participants asked to stop inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant is acting in an inappropriate manner repeatedly, the event organizers may remove the participant from the event with no refund. Depending on the severity of the situation (eg. extreme situations such as violent or criminal behavior), the participant may be removed immediately and/or banned from future workshops, and if necessary proper authorities will be called.